Accredited Boarding School Academics
We believe that putting academics back on track makes a significant difference in the lives of teens who are overcoming life-controlling issues. While enrolled in Prayer Mountain Boys Academy, students work on their secondary education in our accredited private school. Boys work under the instruction of a certified teacher, with tutors available for additional assistance.
A Second Chance at Education
Boys come to us with a wide variety of academic records, often with a history of failing grades and skipped classes. For many of our students, enrollment with Prayer Mountain Boys Academy means a second chance at graduating high school, a possibility which had nearly been destroyed by their former lifestyle. Our self-paced curriculum, along with one-on-one instruction from our teaching staff, allows boys to gain mastery of subjects and earn missed credits toward a high school diploma.
Students enrolled in Prayer Mountain Boys Academy are enrolled at Griffin Christian High School Online. In addition to the oversight and assistance provided by our Prayer Mountain Boys Academy staff, Griffin provides certified distance learning teachers, a quality computer-based curriculum, record keeping and a wide variety of courses.
Prayer Mountain Boys Academy offers:
- Accreditation – The security of knowing dual enrollment courses are held to high quality standards necessary for the academy to maintain accreditation which is recognized worldwide by colleges and universities.
- Teachers – Uniquely qualified and certified to teach subject-specific distance learning courses to our students.
- Quality Curriculum – Prayer Mountain Boys Academy utilizes the Ignitia curriculum, the newest learning management system from Alpha Omega Publications. Built exclusively for Christian schools, this comprehensive curriculum includes lessons in five core subject areas: language arts, math, science, history and Bible, with a diverse list of electives also available. Ignitia courses are not only rigorous and interactive, but provide instruction based on a Christian worldview, encouraging students to consider challenging questions from a biblical perspective. Courses include text-based lessons, assignments, quizzes, and tests that engage students while they learn. Optional external web links, interactive learning games, audio and video clips, and off-computer assignments help students develop the skills necessary for academic success in a media-rich environment.
- Personalized Assignments – Students get a consolidated view of daily assignments, curriculum overviews, due dates, subject reviews, and grades with this organizational feature geared to keep them on track.
- Prescriptive Credit Recovery – Diagnostic testing in language arts and math allows teachers to identify content areas in which students need review, so students who previously failed a course can recover the credits they need to graduate without repeating the entire course.
- Media-Rich Learning – More than 50,000 multimedia elements including audio and video files, challenging games, interactive exercises, a historical timeline, and integrated video clips reinforce concepts and offer in depth explanation of key points.
- Text Translation Tool – With our text translation tool, lesson text can be translated into eight different languages including Spanish, French, German, Korean, Japanese, Russian, simplified Chinese, and traditional Chinese.
- Text to Speech – This user-friendly application allows students to hear selected passages or entire lessons to promote greater understanding by simply highlighting the text within the lesson.
- Strong, Reliable Safeguards – Role-based access controls, automatic expiration, and other security features enforce and support a credible learning experience. Student computers are programmed to restrict all internet access with the exception of Academy related websites. In order to limit distractions and provide an environment conducive to learning students do not have access to email or social networking sites while attending Prayer Mountain Boys Academy.
Students who complete the required credits and courses with Griffin Christian High School are welcome to walk with the graduating class at the end of each school year. When a student completes the program, they will receive an accredited Griffin Christian High School Diploma.